Tuesday, March 16, 2010

30000 Miles Between House & Barn


Hope: "Let's see if we can put 30000 miles on my human this week."

Human: "Good job Hope!"


As I have been unable to find a security camera within our budget that will work through a metal building, and this ornery goat wants to go down the line, symptom by symptom, of impending goat labor, I think we have reached her goal this week. Still two weeks out from her due date, right before I take a two day trip to Louisville to visit the grandson's, her ligament's not only feel soft, they all but disappear right before I leave. Poor Randy is put on mid-wife notice with only a brief anxiety ridden education at best.

Anxiously get back home to find the same scenario with the ligament's, with a little discharge thrown in that day. Next day as I sit in the pen with her, she paw's at the ground half a dozen times. Line by line by line. More discharge today and doesn't eat her grain as vigorously as usual. Udder is looking a little fuller today as well. To save 2 miles just now I looked out the window and I see her grazing with her buddies. Breath Debbie breath ;-)

Knowing this character goat the way I do.....she will purposely wait until I do the last check of the night, two weeks from now, to really get down to business. I think she's just toying with the rookie goat owner ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment